The African Telecommunications Directory is your key to unlock the largely uncharted African IT and telecommunications markets. This edition consists of 500 pages of insight into communication technologies in Africa, which will help companies develop strategies, maximize opportunities, and reduce risks.
Professional researchers conducted primary research in 36 African countries, focusing on unlocking the opportunities for investors, financiers, communications service providers and suppliers.
This edition of the Handbook provides detailed information on the IT and Telecommunications markets in each of the following countries:
- Cote d'lvoire
- Central African Republic
- South Africa
The African Telecommunications Directory provides in-depth research on the current Telecommunications and Information Technology markets in 36 of 54 African countries.
Section One - Editorial Markets Section
Features the major trends and forces influencing the sector
- Growth of data services in Africa
- Impact of competition on existing operators
- Internet access for the majority - when and how?
- The continued outlook for cellular
- Regional initiatives - tariff balancing
- Digital networks: Unleashing the power of connectivity
- Electronic commerce legislation throughout Africa
- Financing African telecommunications - the options and the players
Section Two - Countries
Country chapters covering:
- Country overview statistics
- Telecommunications overview
- Fixed line and mobile overview
- Operator profiles and performance indicators
- Regulatory profile
- Service offerings by operator including tariffs
- Network profiles by operator including equipment suppliers
- Internet statistics and ISP profiles
- Key suppliers contact details plus operators details
- E-commerce drivers and inhibitors